Thanks to a generous grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund, St Mary le Wigford created a history hub to gather and preserve the wealth of historic information it holds on the lost churches of Lincoln.
This has grown into the Bricks and Bones community heritage project whose logo features St Mary le Wigford, St Mary’s Guildhall, St Peter at Gowts, St Botolph by Bargate and St Catherine’s which are the main buildings along the old Roman Road in Wigford, the old name for Lincoln from the High Bridge to South Common including Sincil Bank, and the industrial areas that grew up on either side of the old Roman road.
Bricks and Bones combines a number of arts and cultural projects to build community cohesion and we are mapping the history of Wigford, including by holding events where long-term residents can share and preserve their family memories.
If you would like to be a part of this project please contact jscullimore@btinternet.com or check the Bricks and Bones website.

A photograph of Elsie’s mum when she was a ‘Munitionette’, making tanks at Ruston’s factory in 1917.

Translate »